Kita World Limited (references to us’, ‘we’ or ‘our’ being construed accordingly) is committed to protecting and respecting your personal data when you access and use this website (‘Site’).
2. DATA We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Information you give us You may give us personal data about you by when using our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, address/delivery details and phone number, debit/credit card information, personal description and other information you choose to provide to us from time to time.
- Information we collect about you With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them
4. How we may USE YOUR DATA
We may use your personal data in the following ways:
- Information you give to us We will use data you provide to us:
- to acknowledge, confirm and fulfil your order
- deal with your enquiries and provide you with after sales services
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this
- to notify you about changes to our service
- to contact you in connection with customer surveys or for market research
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner.
- Information we collect about you We will use information we collect about you:
- to administer our Site and for internal business/technical operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to improve our Site to ensure that the content you may see is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device
- to allow you to use any interactive features on our Site, when you choose to do so
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you (if applicable)
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them
- Information we receive from other sources We may combine personal data you provide with other information we collect about you for the purposes set out above
5. Disclosure of Your Information
We may share your personal data with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors (e.g. data hosting providers or delivery partners) to enable us to provide you with the goods and services available on this website.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. [We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience].
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties for the following purposes:
- If Kita World Limited sells its business or its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers may be one of the transferred assets
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us or our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with credit reference service providers and other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone
Unfortunately, the transmission of information over the internet or public communications networks can never be completely secure. We will take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect the personal data that you submit to us against unauthorised/unlawful access or loss, destruction or damage, although we cannot 100% guarantee the security of data that you provide to us.
7. Your DATA PROTECTION Rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes; where the processing of your personal data by us is causing you unwarranted damage or distress; or, where you believe that personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or no longer relevant. You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
8. THIRD PARTY SITES
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these third party websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or how these sites may use your personal information. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites
9. Access to Information
The Data Protection Act gives you a right to receive information about the personal data we hold on you from time to time. If you wish to exercise this right please contact us at the email address in the Contact section below. Any access request may be subject to a small fee to meet our costs. We may also need to ask you for further information to verify your identity before we can respond.